Begin with your eyes open. Remember to tap the Back of Hand spot during the entire time you do these eye movements, humming and counting.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Open your eyes and while holding your head level, glance down to the right.
4. Glance down across to the left.
5. Rotate your eyes in a 360 degree circle to the left. Make certain to move your eyes in a full circle not cutting across any parts of the full sweep.
6. Next, rotate your eyes in a full circle to the right. If it helps to make a couple of circles in each direction that is fine.
7. Count from 1 to 5.
8. Hum a few notes of a familiar tune such as, “Happy Birthday to You,” or “Row, Row Your Boat.” You can even make up a tune of your own.
9. Count back from 5 to 1.
Try this a few more times. Practice so that you can do the nine steps from memorry or with the aid of the visual prompts provided. Then continuously tap the Back-of-Hand spot as you go through the whole sequence.